Doctor Who End of Time Reaction Post!
I have only fifteen minutes so this is going to probably be a whirlwind of bullet points based on notes I took while watching. I have very little thoughtful commentary at this point because I have to let the whole thing steep a bit.
- Seriously, I ♥ Wilf. I did before he became an official companion and I will continue to. The dynamic of the Doctor and an older male companion is complete win.
- I did not know whether to roll my eyes or lol heartily at the image of the TARDIS in the church stain glass window. It is possible I did both simultaneously. Also, LOL @ “the sainted physician”.
- “The king is in his counting house…” Why/how do nursery rhymes always manage to give things +10 creepy points? Because they do.
- Obviously the Secret Book of Saxon is a hilarious plot device and should be mocked at every opportunity.
- I thought for a minute they were going to actually use Lucy’s body and morph him out of her, which would explain the blond hair. I’m pretty glad they went elsewhere, though Lifeforce Sucking Master is probably equally as ridiculous as LucyMaster. Lucy continues to be badass I guess, but I kinda miss her crazy. Her crazy was part of her win.
- OMG DANCING WILF! AND HIS DOCTOR-FINDING ARMY! GO GO SILVER CLOAK! I love this show so, so much. “Modern sort of hair, all sticky upy.” I WILL MISS THAT HAIR SO MUCH. D:
- So we have a super-jumpy-lighting-spraying-skeletor-super Master. THIS SHOW, IT IS SO MUCH WONDERFUL CRACK.
- OMG THEY CAN SMELL EACH OTHER. THEY SNIFFED. AND SMELLED EACH OTHER. I AM DYING FROM LULZ RIGHT NOW, BOTH PRESENT LULZ AND FUTURE LULZ ABOUT FIC THAT WILL BE WRITTEN ABOUT EAU DE TIME LORD.
- The conversation in the cafe just… wow. I love this show. Did I say that already? I love it. “Even if I change it feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away. And I’m dead.” Also: “Like she’s so sad and can’t remember why.” DONNNNNNNA! Be your awesome badass self forever and ever. OMG DOCTOR TEARS! D: D: YES, YOU DO NEED DONNA YOU STUPID DOCTOR! GOOD OLD DONNA! LISTEN TO WILF YOU CRAZY STUPID TIME LORD!! I could probably provide you with a full transcript of the cafe scene, but that seems like overkill. Suffice it to say I will be watching that bit several times more.
- This narrator is driving me a bit batshit, and while I was watching it I correctly predicted what was up there.
- “I had estates.” With red pastures. and are you both listening and taking notes on this because this is like a gift from the crack gods. “We used to run across those fields all day”. Oh RTD, you ship Doctor/Master SO HARD and you don’t even try to hide it. :D
- OMG DOCTORDONNA MOMENT WIN! YEAH THAT’S RIGHT SHE’S STILL FIGHTING FOR IT! BECAUSE SHE’S DONNA AND AWESOME AND HURRAH!
- “I thought it’d be cleaner.” LOL. Have I mentioned how much I ♥ Wilf yet? I think I have. I should say it again. I ♥ Wilf.
- Intrigued and overly helpful Master is probably not a good sign, people. DON’T YOU KNOW THIS?
- What is the point of the cactus aliens other than an excuse to have the Doctor use the word “shimmer” as many times as possible in one minute? I believe that might have been the only point.
- OMG THE DOCTOR CALLED THE MASTER SKELETOR! MY LIFE IT IS COMPLETE. It’s like a Christmas present from RTD just for me.
- The not!Obama cameo was kind of strange.
- A planet of Masters. Many of them wearing dresses. Oh. My. God. The entire planet is laughing. The other planets are like WHUT IS SO FUNNY SHUT UP EARTH.
- Aaaaaand no one is surprised to see the Time Lords and Gallifrey will be back/are back. This is my not-shocked face. I’m actually kind of okay with it, mostly because I think there’s only so much I AM THE LAST angst one show can do before it’s all old hat, and I don’t think Moffatt will do it as well as RTD. But I guess we’ll see how it goes.
That was a lot of caps.
In general, I think there was probably too much going on, but I don’t have time to talk more about that because Christmas Continues and I have dinner to eat and family to hang with, so I must leave you with just lots of all caps and leave thoughtfulness for later.